Friday 26 July 2013

Straight Stitch Machine Embroidery


The blanket stitch is done by hand, but the radiating lines in yellow and dark purple are done on the Singer 15K hand machine.  I have been having a few problems with the purple thread getting twisted around the take up lever, which can then make the thread twist itself around the needle.  If I don't spot it in time the thread snaps.  Very annoying.  The purple is cotton 50.  The yellow, however, which is from an ancient reel of Sylko cotton 40, is behaving itself perfectly.  I had a moan about this problem a little while ago. 

Anyway, I have just about finished this bit of stitched detail and am pleased with the result.  The colours are working well together.

This is all I am showing for now.  This is a detail of the doll quilt that I am making for Diane, my partner on the Doll Quilters' Monthly Swap.  It should be finished in a few days' time and ready to put in an envelope for a long flight to Minnesota.

This post is being linked to Barbara's blog Cat Patches for the July NewFO link up

Welcome to Letty P, the latest follower.  Thank you for joining!

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you're working on. Sorry you're having troubles with the thread again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laura Jean,

      Well this modern rubbish, just can't get the thread these days. And it's supposed to be a top secret project, but I think Gavin is on to something.

      Love,
      Muv

      Delete
  2. Hi Muv
    This looks very interesting - reminds me of the illustrations you get in Singer leaflets from 1920s
    Hugs
    G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Gavin, now I see it. It's an upside down sunray wireless. Valves round the back and cut glass vowels coming out the front.

      Love,
      Muv

      Delete
  3. Very clever technique, Muv. Looking forward to seeing the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara.

      Gosh, I wasn't sure if it was you on the new photo. Great hairdo, especially the streaks!

      Love,
      Muv

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...