Monday 18 November 2013

The Battle with Fluff


This is the state of my Singer 15K treadle after a free motion quilting session.  Every time I change a bobbin I check for fluff, and pull or blow out what I can see.  I also have a pair of pointed tweezers which I use for pulling out the miniature hearth rugs that form under the feed dog teeth.

These little clouds of fibres around the needlebar and hopping foot are easy to get rid of.


It is interesting how the fluff works its way upwards...


... and inside the machine.  The other day I took off the face plate, the first time for months, for a quick defluffing session.  I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't worse.

Welcome to Alessandra, the latest follower - thank you for joining!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...