Monday 16 December 2013

Doll Quilt for Lily from Sharyn in Australia


This pretty little quilt arrived in the post last week from Sharyn in Australia, my November partner on Doll Quilters' Monthly swap.  The theme was quilting with or for children, so I asked Sharyn to make a quilt that I could give to Lily.  Sharyn's timing was perfect.  It was Lily's birthday last Tuesday (she is now a very old lady of 11), the quilt arrived on Wednesday, and I was able to visit Lily and her family on Thursday.  There was a bit of excitement when Lily unwrapped her quilt.  It was beautifully wrapped in a piece of blue fabric, and came with a matching pin cushion.  These tumblers in a lively combination of colours will look lovely on Lily's bedroom wall. 

Later on the same day I was able to post the quilt Lily and I have made for Sharyn, but of course, that is all a big secret until it reaches Australia...

Thank you Sharyn for being a wonderful partner! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...