Thursday 27 March 2014

Filling in the Free Motion Sky



This is the stage I have reached with the free motion landscape.  The sky and clouds are now filled in, and I am tempted to consider it finished.. If I just added a little more infill at the bottom, then I could trim it and bind it and call it a day.



This is definitely my favourite section of the picture.  Perhaps if I tried a foreground I might just draw the eye away from this part.

Leah Day stresses the importance of starting free motion quilting at the centre of a piece and working outwards, to keep control of the fullness which develops in the unquilted areas.By the time I got to the top edge it was fairly frilly.  If I do decide to carry on quilting at the bottom edge of the picture and it starts to get too frilly, then I will definitely stop there.

Decision decisions.  I'm not rushing.

Linking up today to Kelly's blog My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
and Leah Day's blog for Free Motion Friday. 

4 comments:

  1. WOW all that on a treadle, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!! What a wonderful piece of artwork!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Muv, I cannot believe the evolution of this piece! See, the 'upside down mistake' was really supposed to happen. Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is simply amazing. so much beautiful detail!

    Thanks so much for showing this off at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...