Thursday 15 January 2015

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 27 - More Leaves


Here is the latest leaf sampler, and I have to confess I am getting a bit bored - I hope you aren't too. It hasn't got the binding on yet, but I have taken the photo with the dark green that I shall be using in the background so you can get the idea.

There is a distinct lack of inspiration here at the moment, with energy being used up in all directions except sewing.  Here is one of the reasons:-



I have been busy digging, and had to put in plenty of hours over the Christmas and New Year holidays to get my allotment in order.  I'm not complaining - in fact, after the months of misery with a frozen shoulder last year it is a minor miracle that I have managed it.



Meanwhile, domestic creativity is being channelled into cakes.  Fancy making some jam muffins? Too easy to be true.


blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg


Here goes for week 27...

Many thanks to Maartje, Hilary, Judy, Gwyned, Barbara, Janine, LeeAnnaLinda  and Quilt Musings for linking up last time.  

If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

Or, because it is still January, link up to show your favourite FMQ project finished in 2014.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  .
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.

So far quilters from USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand and France have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.

Linking up with Kelly's blog My Quilt Infatuation for Needle and Thread Thursday
and Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely leaves. When I sew the same themes on quilts a few times I get bored too. But it left you with beautiful quilted leaves and inspiration for yout followers. Your cakes looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful leaves, great FMQing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are never, ever boring, but if you are getting bored, it's probably time for a change. I've got to ask, what's under those cans in the garden....? And the muffin photo literally made my mouth water. For some reason, the cooking/baking bug did not infect me this winter like it did last year. Something to do with the granddaughter on the way, probably. All I can think of is fabric and yarn! But ohhhhh, those muffins just might get me on a baking kick....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I think I shall do a cot quilt next, just for a change.

      Cans? Hilarious. Can means metal here. I wish they were made of metal, then I could use them for bonfires. They are big plastic compost bins.

      Hardly surprising you haven't had the baking bug if you have had the flu over Christmas. Make yourself some cakes this weekend.

      Delete
  4. Wow! That's a LOT of digging for a tricky shoulder. I'm jealous of the garden plot, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyn. I had to keep going before the weather turned bad. We have been getting a fair bit of wind and rain since I finished, but what the soil really needs is a good hard frost.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...