Thursday 10 September 2015

Free Motion Mavericks - Week 60 - Going Slightly Green


If you think this quilt looks slightly familiar...


... with the trade mark cars in the middle... and there is an inner groan of "oh no not again", then spare a thought for me.

It has been a bit of a self imposed test to see how many quilts I can turn out, getting a mini production line going and avoiding all things pink or floral, so I can put aside a few quilts for baby boys. 


This traffic jam fabric fitted the bill for the wheels theme, and the pale sage green cars tied in with the brash green crate with the rusty bonnet in the middle.


Green popped up again with the little trains,


and surrounding the London tea time fabric, where this time I have managed not to slice through the tea pots.

But I still don't like the sludgy purple.  I must remember to keep it well away from green.  I thought the purple might make the green look greener; instead, the green makes the purple look sludgier.  Not that I should really care, because the baby that ends up sleeping under this one won't give a hoot.

Anyway, before I bore myself to oblivion with all these cot quilts, I have the next project bubbling between my ears, and I really should get started.


I even got some threads out today to help the planning process, such as it is.  That is as far as I have got.  The weather was far too glorious for staying in, and I have spuds to dig up.


blogbutton photo peacockfmq025_zpse5bceb10.jpg


Here goes for week 60..

Many thanks to Kim, Judy, Bernie,
GwynedAngie and Malinda for linking up last week to show their free motion quilting projects.

If you love free motion quilting, whether you are a beginner just taking the plunge, or you have reached the stage where you can do ostrich feathers with your eyes shut and still achieve perfect symmetry, then please link up.

Remember, FMQ is FMQ, whether your machine was made last week, or it is older than your granny.

Here are the very easy and slightly elastic rules:-

1.  Link up with any recent post, ideally from the last week but within the last month, which features a free motion quilting project, whether it is a work in progress or a finish.

2.  Link back to this post in your own post and/or grab the linky button for your blog's sidebar.
  
3.  Visit as many of the other participants as possible and say hello in the comments box.

4.  The link up will remain open for four days, from midnight to midnight GMT for the long weekend, Friday to Monday.

So far quilters from the USA, England, Wales, Australia, Canada, Germany, Holland, New Zealand, France and Macau have taken part.  The first participant from each new country will get a special mention the following week.


Linking up to Sarah's blog Confessions of a Fabric Addict for Whoop Whoop Friday
and Amanda Jean's blog Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday
and Michelle's Romantic Tangle for Let's Make Baby Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Well, I'm certainly not bored with your boy quilts. I think they are wonderful and a nice quiet alternative to bright primary quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janine Marie! I have been trying to aim for restrained colours, but have been worried I might be veering too close to drab. Sometimes you can't tell until the whole thing is finished.

      Delete
  2. Oh I laughed at your post looking like last week. I could have done the same thing.
    Still working on my over 600 2 1/2" blocks. I think I am crazier than Crazy Mom!
    Loved your little cot quilts. Can't wait to see what your doing with that yummy thread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All this piecing is driving me nuts. I've just nipped over to see your tiny blocks. My goodness! If I tried that sort of project I would seriously lose the plot.

      Delete
  3. I bet you'll come back to those cot quilts in no time. They are so easy to finish one is tempted to start another one. Each one is a blessing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never thought I could get excited about thread....I like your combination. Good luck with the spuds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andree! Steadily eating our way through the spuds, with two and a half rows still to dig up.

      Delete
  5. Some lucky boy is going to love that cot quilt! I don't see any sludgy. Excited to see what is going to happen with those threads....!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...